Nowadays the majority of bloggers are setting up their blogs in WordPress than blogger.com. It’s a decision to set up a blog in WordPress than a blogger. From our side too, we recommend to all the new bloggers to set up their blog in WordPress than blogger.com. Therefore here we have prepared a tutorial on how to create a blog in WordPress.
WordPress is a well-customized platform to create blogs and websites. As compared to blogger here we can get extra freedom to customize and manage the whole blog in own way.
To create a blog or website in WordPress you just need to have hosting and domain name. Check out the Steps to know completely about setting the blog or website in WordPress and know how to create a blog in WordPress.
Create a Blog in WordPress; Steps to Create Site in WordPress
Installing the WordPress Script from cPanel
After buying the hosting you have to go to the Dashboard of your site from where you have purchased the hosting. From there you can find the hosting plans that you have purchased. Choose the hosting plans where you have to create a website. There you can find the Cpanel login details.
How to Login in cPanel?
- Tap on My Services, choose the hosting plans.
- From the Action, menu tap on Login to cPanel.
- Finally Done.
How to Install Script?
- From cPanel scroll down to the button of the cPanel.
- Find the Website scripts installer option.
- Choose WordPress from various scripts like Joomla, Sitepad, etc.
- Tap on WordPress, It redirects you to the Softacolous app installer.
- Choose the WordPress PHP version
- Add custom name to Site name and Description, scroll down.
- Change the password and login details with your own, scroll down.
- Review all details and keep the login details in your mind
- Tap on Install, wait for a few seconds.
- Finally Done.
Logging in to the Site Dashboard
When the WordPress installation process gets completed you have to get logged in to the Dashboard of your site. For this, you can simply tap on the https://www.yourdomai…/wp-admin option shown after installation.
It redirects you to the login panel of your site, a dashboard from where you can manage all the activities of your site. In the login panel, you have inserted the login details, username and password. After successful login, you are at your site dashboard.
Changing the Themes and Customization
After installing the WordPress and getting to the dashboard majority of us used to customize or change the themes. No doubt, even u suggest changing the themes and thinking about customization.
How to Change the Themes in WordPress?
- Go to the Dashboard of your site.
- From the left corner, you can access an options panel, find Customization.
- From customization choose or tap on Themes, it opens the theme panel in your dashboard.
- Choose or search anyone themes from the theme library and activate it.
Upload Themes in WordPress
- From themes tap on Add New show at the upper of the page.
- Tap on the Upload theme, it opens your file manager or you can also do a drag upload in terms of the computer device.
- Upload the themes and install them.
- After installation activates it, Finally Done.
How to Customize Theme and Website?
Installing the favourite theme is not only a solution. After installing the desired themes you need to give enough time as per need on customization. For customization of themes, you can go to the Themes>Customize.
As per the themes you installed you can find the demo importer option too. Yes, it’s an easy way to install beautiful prebuilt themes and designs in your blog. Many top themes offer demo importing features. Newspaper, Jews, Jannah, etc. Offers demo importing option.
Therefore, you can import the demo site too at first. To install u may have to install some plugins offered by them. So, install and active the required plugins asked before installing the demo site.
In absence of SEO, our site can’t get search engine traffic. So, our main motto is to rank sites on the search engines to get traffic and turn it into revenue. Due to this, it’s time to think about SEO and permalinks.
After customization, you need to apply the correct settings for SEO and permalinks. For this I recommend you to use either Yoast SEO or Rank Math, both are SEO plugins.
- Go to Settings and tap on Permalinks.
- From Permalink settings you have to tap on Post Name.
- Finally Done.
How to Setup Yoast SEO?
- From Dashboard tap on Yoast SEO located at the end or below of the options bar.
- Go to General to set up the basic SEO settings on your site.
- In general, it is better to leave them all options as normal.
- Come to Search Appearance, apply the best SEO settings.
Installing Plugins – Create a Blog in WordPress
For additional features you must need to install extra plugins on your WordPress site, well it’s not mandatory but for better performance, you have to install the right plugins on your site.
From the thousands of plugins, you have to install the right plugins as per your site and its features. SEO Plugins Cache Plugins, eCommerce Plugins, Customization plugins, Review plugins, etc. Are mandatory plugins for the WordPress site.
Installing the number of plugins also leads to the downgrade of your site speed. Therefore it is better to install mandatory plugins only.
How to Install Plugins in WordPress?
- From Dashboard go to the Plugins section.
- Tap on Add New from the given two options, either Add New or Installed plugins.
- Search the plugins which you want to install in the search box.
- Find the plugin in the resultant and tap on Install, the installation process begins.
- Tap on Activate, Finally Done.
- You can find the installed plugins in the Installed plugins section. After activating the plugins you can get its features on the option of your Dashboard.
- What is Blogging? How to Start Blogging in 2022 [ Important Points ]
- Blogger vs WordPress: Which one is Best and Why? Important 4 Points
- How to Find Wi-Fi Password on Windows 10?
Installing and setting up the new blog is not hard work for intermediate and top-level bloggers. But if you are a fresher then it may be difficult for you. For this, the tutorial titled how to create a blog in WordPress may make it easy to create your first blog.
Here we have mentioned the major points and steps to be followed for setting up the new blog in an easy and detailed way. This tutorial includes the different subcategory tutorials to make it easy to understand for you. From cPanel you can install other scripts too except WordPress. WordPress is a convenient platform for blogging therefore it’s better to create on this platform.